Marriage and Divorce
A happy life together is often built on solid finances
In the era of the modern family, Ross-Stern & Associates can help couples of all types plan the financial aspects of marriage or divorce. We help myriad clients including:
- Married couples
- Divorced or a couple entering divorce
- Singles planning on becoming married
- Cohabitating unmarried couples
- Combined families
- Registered domestic partners
- LGBTQ couples and families
Marriage or domestic life together can be filled with love, joy, and more than its fair share of challenges. The team at Ross-Stern & Associates can provide ongoing tax and financial advisory services to couples planning on getting married. We can assist you with tax strategies, financial planning, financial consulting on prenuptial agreements, and other services to help assure a successful financial transition to married life.
Whether you have complex deductibility issues because of medical expenses, adoption expenses, or legal expenses, we can help. If your family includes children from prior marriages, estate planning is critical whether you are married or unmarried. Regardless of your unique situation, good planning is essential to protect your financial future and ensure the disposition of your assets according to your wishes.
Divorce: Breaking up should not be hard to do
Divorce is not just an emotional journey; it can be financially and legally complicated. Such a large life change can significantly alter the finances of everyone involved. Only careful planning and the assistance of experienced tax advisors can minimize the emotional and financial costs of this life-altering event.
Ross-Stern & Associates can assist you and your legal counsel with a complete analysis of all the tax and financial aspects related to your divorce and settlement. Our team are financial experts and compassionate professionals. When dividing up assets, real estate, a family owned business, or other important decisions that must be made, it's important to have an experienced partner looking out for your best interests and helping you settle your divorce quickly and professionally.
Depending on the complexity of the tax and legal needs relating to a divorce settlement, we can assist you and your legal counsel with:
- Validating prenuptial agreements for financial and tax issues
- Financial affidavit preparation
- Property distribution analysis
- Evaluation of assets
- Moore Marsden calculations
- Asset tracing
- Business and interest valuations
- Forensic accounting services, such as locating hidden or undisclosed assets
- Identifying separate vs. marital property in light of prenuptial agreements and other factors
- Income and expense analysis
- Alimony and lifestyle analysis
- Strategic financial planning services during and after a divorce settlement
Marriage, life together, or parting ways can be one of the most complex events in your life. Ross-Stern & Associates can be a trusted partner in advising you on the financial and tax aspects of the important decisions you will need to make.
Contact us or call Ross-Stern & Associates at 818.776.0399 to arrange a consultation.